Old July 31st, 2004, 10:24 AM
Andrew Renshaw

Default Gambia - hole in the wall cash machines?

Hi,

In three years of travelling to Gambia I have never found a hole in the wall
that works. You can get a credit advance on your credit card by going into
the bank but it takes upto 7 days and it is not cheap.

What I tend to do is take a small amount of cash and use my credit card for
paying for meals and paying for trips. I have found I can exist on £50 cash
for a week doing it that way.

Food on top of course.

Im going in a couple of months time and will be visiting a school and then
going up country. In prep for doing three months work in Bakau.

Yours

Andy

"Tom" wrote in message
Has anyone discovered a "hole in the wall"
that actually produces cash in this country? My attempts in
Bakau/Banjul/Serrakunda & Kololi last year produced nothing but
regretful smiles from the staff. My bank (Nat. West) has no
suggestions...
TIA
--
tom