Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default Buying a return ticket but not specifying a return date (within a year) from UK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I want to fly from the UK to Australia at the end of the year.
Obviously, I would be selecting the date I fly out but would like to be
flexible on the date that I return.

I have heard that you can get a return ticket that does initially
require a return date. I am aware that you cant just stroll into the
airport and fly without notice but would imaging that you give a short
notice.

Does this type of flight exist or am I way ahead of my time and should
return to the real world :-) If so, do many flight operators offer it?
How does it work? Will it save me a substancial amount on buying my
flight 30 days prior to leaving?

Cheers

Burnsy

There are a huge number of ticket types from mnay different carriers, many
or most of which give you the flexibility thay tou need.

First question, is what else am I going tro need - accomodation, car rental,
etc? If there any of these, you may well find that a travel agent can sell
you a package holiday and you skip the bits you don't want.

If its just buying tickets, go to http://www.expedia.co.uk . They would also
carry packages as well, I would imagine.