Old November 12th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Thomas Smith

It would be more appropriate to ask the Bahamian embassy in India, since
that is where the traveler is coming from, and if a visa is required, they
would be where the traveler would apply from. That said, as I understand
it, both India and the Bahamas are parts of the British Commonwealth of
Nations, and visas may not be required for citizens of member nations to
travel between them. Again, check with the Bahamian embassy in India.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"MarkT" wrote:

Who would you rather believe...a travel agent not in the visa business,

or
the official government office of the country you are traveling to? Nuff
said? Get the visa.

Except that the government people don't ALWAYS know what they are
talking about. Having been one, I know.

I would talk to the Bahamian office in Nassau directly. I think they
will know better about tourists coming to the Bahamas than the office
in Miami will - the Miami office mostly concerned with Bahamian
citizens coming to the US.

And check the long distance charges on your phone first and get some
kind of service that doesn't charge a couple of dollars per minute to
call the Bahamas.

Mark T.
"Vik Mehta" wrote in message
. com...
My parents, who are Indian citizens, are scheduled to go for a
Carnival cruise to the Bahamas from Miami. They've been getting
conflicting information regarding their visa requirements. Carnival
leaves the visa formalities to the passengers and does not offer any
information, however Royal Caribbean explicity says that Indian
citizens do not require a Bahamian visa as long as they have a valid
visa to get back to the US.

My parents' travel agent insists that they don't require a visa,
however the Bahamas Consulate General office in Miami says they do!

Anyone who knows more about this - please write.

Thanks in advance.
Vik

grandma Rosalie