Old May 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Default Question about Journal Square Neighborhood

On 29 May 2004 19:40:33 -0700, (Howard Sage)
wrote:

I dont live in New Jersey, but I have been in areas around there a few
times, and I found that Journal Square is not such a great
neighborhood, but an area near by, around the Grove Street PATH
station is much nicer.
However, you might still want to check because I'm just writing this
based on personal experience

But, speaking as one who was born here 71 years ago and as one has
lived in many of the great cities of North America and traveled
extensively in Europe and Asia, and live here now, I can say that the
Journal Square area of Jersey City (and not just that to the immediate
south of it where I live now) is, in general, as safe and pleasant
place to live as you will find in any major urban area.

I moved back here about 15 years ago. At that time, being self
employed, I could live almost anywhere in the world I might wish - and
still could if I wanted to, move elsewhere in a heartbeat. I chose
this neighborhood in this city.
CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info