Old July 16th, 2019, 09:24 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
hohum

Default singapore sucks, don't go there

sms wrote in :

On 6/23/2019 7:36 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
It's indeed a bit expensive, but quite nice. Personally
I like it more than Hong Kong.

Both are great cities, but Singapore is a little boring. In Singapore I
like the good public transit, the excellent and safe street food, and
the fact that there is a great selection of very nice moderately priced
hotels. Also, most people speak English which is helpful.

Hong Kong is also really nice.

Personally I like Taipei and Seoul the best of large cities in Asia.

Good public transport, what a joke. Only buses with no routes posted that
I could find. And taxis that won't pick you up off the street (maybe they
don't like white people?). People SUPPOSEDLY speak English but you cannot
understand a word they say, their accent is so heavy and pronuciation so
bad. Moderately priced hotels, you're joking of course. Cheap, fleabag
small room with small bed $100 USD/night. That's not moderately priced by
any stretch of the imagination. You must be on drugs? In Philippines,
things are cheap, I the choice of 4 types of cheap public transport
nearly everywhere. Hotel room even in a nice hotel is around $20/night.
Singapore is a **** town/country or whatever u want to call it. Also you
won't wind up flogged or wind up in jail for criticizing the government.