Old November 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Default Return cheaper than a single??? LON-NYC

On 11/8/2011 11:38 AM, paulfoel wrote:
OK. Planning to use my Continental miles to book a business class flight back from New York (its with Air Canada one of their partners) on a Saturday.

Excellent, so I though just book a one-way to go out on Wednesday = £700.

The price of a return going on Wednesday (same flight) and returning Sunday is £350 !!!! Dont understand.

Could I book the return, and my free miles flight, use the outward then just not use the return I paid for? Or would Continental suss something was up here and disallow it?

There is no requirement to use the return flight. You might want to call
and tell them, once you reach your destination, that you are staying
longer than you had planned and will use the return some other time and
pay the change fee.