Old March 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Direct booking with Princess

John Sisker wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote in message
John Sisker wrote:

I cruised with Princess only a few months ago as an Elite Member. The
Internet category was 55 minutes for $75, but was actually free
because of this Elite status,

This information is incorrect.

Current fees for Princess internet access is 75 cents a minute, 100
minutes for $55, 150 minutes for $75 and 250 minutes for $100.

People with PLATINUM status and higher get a $75 pp credit towards the
purchase of internet time.

George Leppla

Thanks for the actual numbers George. But you did hit on the major point
of this thread anyway,

The major point is that once again, you posted incorrect, incomplete or
misleading information.

and that is, I did get the $75 credit as an Elite
status,

Ah. yes... the infamous "Elite Status" you like to brag about.
According to Princess, to get Elite status you have to sail on 15
cruises (or 150 sailing days).

Fact is that you are no more an "Elite" status than my old Tilley hat.
What you did was complete some online training courses and were given
the perks of an Elite member.... without ever having to set a foot on a
Princess ship. Maybe that is why you are so unfamiliar with the onboard
booking program and the internet fees.... and who knows what else.

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster