Old March 7th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Binyamin Dissen

Default Time to say goodbye!

On 1 Mar 2004 09:32:01 -0800 (The Bill Mattocks) wrote:

:For some years, I've enjoyed being an occasional participant on
:rec.travel.air, and posting trip reports and stories that I hope you
:found amusing or entertaining - it sure helped me deal with the stress
:of being a road warrior, on the road non-stop to the tune of 100,000+
:miles per year.

:I've posted somewhat less in the last year or so, as I've spent even
:less time at home or being able to relax with my laptop while on the
:road, and of course as many have noticed, the tenor of r.t.a. has
:changed - there are more trolls, more anger, less humor. Many of the
:other 'regulars' have gone away due to this. I didn't stop reading
:r.t.a., but I held off jumping into debates that I normally would have
:greatly enjoyed skirmishing in.

Many great stories.

Thanks.

:I've recently reached the place where it was time to make a change.
:The continued stresses of air travel in a post-9/11 world, continued
:and advancing intrusions into my (our) personal privacy, and the
:general business climate (more travel, spend less money doing it, etc)
:have combined to make me finally decide that its time to hang up my
:rubber chicken and move on.

:I've resigned my position with the firm I worked for, and am no longer
:seeking employment as a traveling consultant/road warrior. I'm
:looking for the daily nine-to-five gig instead, something that leaves
:me home in the evenings and on weekends.

What will your employer do until they find another sucker^W employee willing
to be on the road from Sunday afternoon until Friday night every week?

How many other trainers do they have?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com