Old August 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
Corné

Dear Gerald,

thanks for your contribution.

"I see to many smart
assess who think they know the bush after travelling for some weeks a
year to Africa. "

My conclusions are that you look every day in the mirror? Yep Gerald, beeing
10 years driving around in Africa makes some people for sure arrogant. Like
the initial response: ' smartass answers ' .... how can we be so stupid?
Knowing that you have all the NON-smartass answers...!! Remember next time
we might even e-mail you our reactions, so you can decide which ones are too
'smartass answers' and will not be publiced.

The thing that's the most annoying is that Corné (with his little
advertisements in the group) gives these stoning answers. He is living
in the bush and is giving these answers to the World?

The most annoying are the shallow visions of overland guides. They have seen
the light apparantley.....But somewhere they seem to be a bit frustrated, or
pehaps they don't have the knowledge (and guts) to settle down in the bush?

"Please, don't keep in touch..." is the arrogance in its self. And at
the same time he is promoting his self. How .. can you be? People are
not that stupid Corné.

Reading is difficult sometimes, isn't? This was just a reaction to the
original authors signature, who wrote 'Please, don't keep in touch..."
Indeed it is arrogant, but that's what I wanted to make clear here.

Be sure Corné I won't promote your kind.

Damn!! And I need your promotion activities so hard....Well I think I can
close down my lodge now.....

But surely you have lost some
clients now, now that you tell your clients to be that wildebeest are
moving to the forest to graze.

Remember I am not running some backpackerslodge.... Why do you think I have
lost some clients now? Sure if it is about the knowledge of Africa they will
come with you Gerald.
Aha? Now you are even telling lies? I cannot remember that I wrote something
stupid like wildebeest moving to the forests to graze....?? But Gerarld,
that is clearly your style of doing things.

This is EXACTLY what I wrote: " Ever heard about that the game moves into
the forests to graze, look for
shade etc.?"

But you are not really interested in the truth apparantly.... just your one
truth.

Still can't get the smile of my face. If
there is one animal that is living on the plains and woodland than it is
the wildebeest. Even in the Crater, Corné. You've ever been there (I
question) and visited the Forest?

Well, here is my point again: if people don't appreciate sightings of (one
of the biggest) bull elephants in the Forest of the Crater, then what the
heck are they doing there?
Keep smiling Gerald, hope you have a nice and adventureous live!

With a big smile and a cold black lable...

Corné.
Amukela Game Lodge.
www.amukela.com

Oh yeah.... 1997 first visit to the Crater. Did you ever read Grzimek's
book? Or is your reading limited to Playboy...(nights can be lonely Gerald,
especially overland guides...haha....).

Corné Wrote:
"Gerald" schreef in bericht
...-

What a smartass answers are been giving here.-

And you're the next one...

--
Gerald