Old February 9th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Paul

Thanks David, and thanks to you all.
I agree David, loitering is not a bad thing at all :-)
I guess I'll see you all guys if I do get the last row of the plane!!!

I will call Qantas this same week and book my vacation.
Can't wait to go there

thanks

Paul

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
If anybody is familiar or has traveled from US to Australia on their
747 aircraft, maybe you can help me with this question:

My wife and I are planning our first visit to Australia departing from
LA. We would prefer not to share the long flight with a stranger seated
next to us in the 3-seat rows by the windows (Economy).
There are a few 2-seat rows (70 through 73) at the very back (see
:http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qan...ng_747-400.php)

Are they too noisy, too crowded as people line up to use restrooms, or
is there any other downside to them?
I will appreciate any comments or opinions.

thanks

Paul

A lot of people do prefer those seats, as there is also a little more room
at the window side where the fuselage walls curve around.
The other downside to them is that if the aircraft encounters turbulence
involving some pitching, the movement is greater at the back than in the
centre of the aircraft. I don't think they're any more noisy than other
seats, as the restrooms are a bit further back. The very last row has an
emergency exit behind, so it is possible that passengers may loiter there
in flight.

Regards

David Bennetts