Old June 4th, 2015, 09:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default Manual or Automatic Rental in Countries that Drive on the Wrong(Left) Side of the Road

On 06/04/2015 09:46 AM, sms wrote:
We're going to Ireland soon and the rental cars with an automatic are
much more expensive. I have no problem driving a stick shift but I
wonder if combining shifting with the left hand and driving on the left,
in an unfamiliar country, is too much at once. Last time I drove a stick
shift in a country that drives on the left was in Thailand, but there
they really drive in the middle because the road surface is only good in
the middle.

I understand. I usually start by winding down the window the first few
miles. Also don't be surprised by the lack of steering wheel the first
few times you get in the car.