Old October 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
AlanG

"Evelyn Usher" wrote in message

Hi there

Booked a holiday for Xmas and New Year to Cape Town.We will be staying
at the Cape Garden Hotel near lions head. Anyone stayed there?

Any must sees, shopping , prices etc.? Much appreciated.

Have ordered a guide book but have not received it yet.

How safe is it to go out at night? Is it a good bet to hire a car?
--
Evelyn in Scotland

Reply from Alan (also from Scotland)

I lived in SA in the late 80s and now have a holiday home out there. You
will have a wonderful time and yes you do need a car to fully enjoy the
area. The wine route is a must (unless you detest wine of course). Driving
is very easy and the roads and signs are good.

Have a good time.