Old December 23rd, 2005, 12:48 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack,rec.travel.europe

Default Backpacking in Europe - suggestions?

In rec.travel.europe Technopaganess wrote:
Try to hook up with fellow backpackers. That way you can all go in on
hotels instead of hostels. In some areas the hostels are really bad. Be
care and DO NOT OVERPACK.

Be advised, in some areas the hostels are really good, too. I've never been in
a hostelling international hostel in Continental Europe that was really bad.
Yes, institutional on a couple of occasions, but usually very nice.

The one in Salzburg is nice, too. Very convenient, small dorms, great breakfast,
located near everything.

The DO NOT OVERPACK advise is golden. Pack much lighter than you think you need
to. How much you are carrying will affect your experiene much more than how
boring your wardrobe is.

Julie

Lava
"Jason T." wrote in message
.. .
Any input? I just got my plan ticket! I will be backpacking around
Europe with a friend next summer. I haven't traveled much. It will be
the first time I stay in hostels and I will have to be tight on the
money situation. What should I bring to save money? We are headed to
England, Ireland, France, Germany and possibly Poland. Anything I should
definitely see or do?
JT

--
Julie