Old September 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Alan S[_1_]

Default Malarone ---- Cost.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:11:12 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

We are going to Kenya for a visit of sixteen days this month, Malarone
was recommended as the prophylactic to take, I was surprised at how
expensive it was, £63, I took the prescription to Superdrug chemists,
what are other people`s experiences of the price of this drug?
Thanks,
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson

Check around. I underestimated my needs on my last trip and
ran out in Egypt, after India and South-East Asia. I
wandered London looking for a Chemist who would supply me
without a prescription. None would - but the prices I was
quoted before I discovered that were all between £34 and
£40.

I gave up eventually and just took a lot of care with DEET
application and screened sleeping areas while wandering in
Mexico later.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...