Old September 28th, 2008, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
rydale

Default Malarone ---- Cost.

Hi Pat

Yes it is expensive, but I confess I use it every time I go to East Africa
as it has absolutely no side effects (for me, and I believe pretty much
everyone).
You can certainly shop around on the 'net and there is a surprising
variation in cost.

I used Stratford pharmacy last time we went, and they are now charging £2.18
a pill. That would be around £52 for the 16 days (1 day before, 7 days
after)
http://www.stratford-pharmacy.co.uk/...il&productid=1

I am of course envious that you are going at all - didn't make it myself
this year, and next year we are trying India.

Have a great time and do report back on where you get to.

Charles

"Pat Anderson" wrote in message
We are going to Kenya for a visit of sixteen days this month, Malarone was
recommended as the prophylactic to take, I was surprised at how
expensive it was, £63, I took the prescription to Superdrug chemists, what
are other people`s experiences of the price of this drug?
Thanks,
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson