Old July 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

Default martin pollution

Spam again from the master in second
can't you go back where you were, twas nice without your stuff

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:29:33 GMT, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:

"Martin" skrev i meddelandet
. ..
On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:55:47 GMT, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:

"Casey" skrev i meddelandet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...12/5154730.stm

I think Madrid would make a great host city. But on the subject of
European travel, did Madrid make any improvements to its public
transport system in anticipation for the (losing) 2012 bid? What
improvements did it plan to make if it won?
Casey
The Olympics are usually held in August and Madrid is terrible hot at
that
time.

They aren't usually held in August, sometimes they have been

Usually is usually and sometimes is sometimes.
I said usually.

Did anybody say you hadn't said usually?

1. Athens, Greece
April 6-15, 1896

-----------
Wasn't borned that time but as you seem to be an old fart so...

better than being an arrogant ignorant young tosser.

2. Paris, France
May 20-October 28, 1900

----------------
Seem to be August included..

LOL how do you know they didn't take August off?

3. St. Louis, Missouri, USA
July 1-November 23, 1904

----------------
Seem to be August included

4. London, England
April 27-October 31, 1908

-----------
Seem to be August included

5. Stockholm, Sweden
May 5-July 22, 1912

---------------------------
Unsual but we have pleasant weather in August as well.

6. Berlin, Germany
CANCELLED

--------------------
Yes and..... ????

what part of the word CANCELLED are you struggling to understand?

7. Antwerp, Belgium
April 20-September 12, 1920

-------------------------
Seem to be August included

Nah the Belgians take most of August for holidays.

8. Paris, France
May 4-July 27, 1924

----------------------------
Unusual.

9. Amsterdam, Netherlands
May 17-August 12, 1928

----------------------------
August was it... !!!

Looks like mainly May June and July to me.

10. Los Angeles, California, USA
July 30-August 14, 1932

-----------------------
And August again...!!!

11. Berlin, Germany
August 1-16, 1936

-----------------------------
And August.

12. Tokyo, Japan
CANCELLED

----------------------
Yes and .... How do you konow about the intensions for Tokyo 1940

I don't konow, it's a list of factual info not my opinion.

13. London, England
CANCELLED

------------------
Yes and.... ???

It's a list not my opinion.

14. London, England
July 29-August 14, 1948
15. Helsinki, Finland
July 19-August 3, 1952

--------------
August

Mainly July

16. Melbourne, Australia
November 22-December 8, 1956

------------------------
Southern Hemisphere is special. It's opposite the Northern if you
didn't
know.

Is it normal in your country for people not to know simple facts or is
it something to do with your alcohol problem?

The hemisphere is irrelevant to the date chosen in Australia see
Sydney 2000

17. Rome, Italy
August 25-September 11, 1960

Mainly September

18. Tokyo, Japan
October 10-24, 1964

Not August

19. Mexico City, Mexico
October 12-27, 1968

Not August

20. Munich, Germany
August 26-September 10, 1972

Mainly September

21. Montreal, Canada
July 17-August 1, 1976

Mainly July

22. Moscow, Soviet Union
July 19-August 3, 1980

Mainly July

23. Los Angeles, California, USA
July 28-August 12, 1984
24. Seoul, Republic of Korea
September 17-October 2, 1988

NOT August

25. Barcelona, Spain
July 25-August 9, 1992

26. Atlanta, Georgia, USA
July 19-August 9, 1996
27. Sydney, Australia
September 15-October 1, 2000

---------------------
Southern hemisphere again.

The hemisphere is irrelevant.

28. Athens, Greece

Similar August temperatures to Madrid. You lose.

August 13-29, 2004

--------------
Seem to be 15 in August in the Northern hemisphere and 5 not including
August

Seems you are confused and trying to fudge.

What's mostly and what's usual ?

Who said mostly?

Try differentiating between games held wholly in August and partially
in August. Especially in the years where the games lasted three or
four months.

I take it that you are not **** hot on statistics?

How many games were held totally in August?

Madrid won't be rejected because
a) The games don't have to held in July or August.
b) The temperature in Madrid is no more extreme than the temperature
in Athens in August.
--

Martin