Old September 10th, 2003, 07:56 AM
James Anatidae

Default US Airways is predatory. My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.

"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
James Anatidae wrote:
"James Anatidae" wrote in message

This doesn't make sense to me, either. I have never heard of needing a
birth certificate for domestic air travel.

Oops, I just realized I misread the guy's rant. So I looked the

information
on the State Department website.

http://travel.state.gov/jamaica.html
"U.S. citizens traveling as tourists may enter Jamaica with either a

U.S.
passport or a certified U.S. birth certificate and current, government
issued photo identification. Persons traveling with U.S. passports tend

encounter fewer difficulties upon departure than those who choose to use
other documents. Visitors must have a return ticket and be able to show
sufficient funds for their visit. "

But I can't help but wonder why he didn't just pay $85 for a passport

and
save himself all the bother of running around after birth certificates.

In most cases you will need a birth certificate to get the passport.

I'm quite aware of that, as I have two of them (dual citizenship has its
perks). I just feel it's a better idea to have a passport, due to a birth
certificate's not being recognized everywhere, plus being able to use a
passport as a extra ID.