Old October 2nd, 2004, 09:02 AM
ash

She didn't have any insurance!! She was relying on the cover from E111 and
was too thick to realise that Turkey isn't in the European Union. Hence the
P.O. are the ones commenting on it.

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn"
wrote in message
news:1gl07gj.aqgg4rc3lv40N%this_address_is_for_spa ...
Miss L. Toe wrote:

OK I don't know the details but this doesn't sound very nice:
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...153942,00.html

TEENAGER OWES HOSPITAL £30,000

A British teenager stranded in Turkey after a holiday accident will be

flown
home by her insurance company - but they are refusing to pay her
medical
bills.

Huh? One news organisation obviously has it wrong, and I don't know
which. The BBC reports that she had no insurance- thinking she'd be
covered by the E-111 form.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/3705258.stm

Which includes the paragraph:

Medics also informed her that even if she had taken out additional cover,
insurance firms would not have paid up because she had been drinking
before
her fall.

Sounds to me like the facts might be:
She had a policy.
She had been drinking.
The insurance company refused to pay up.

But, of course, I am speculating.
I wonder how much she drank - Or more importantly how much the insurance
companies let you drink before they deny liability.

Or maybe her parents had a family multi-trip policy some of which, in the
small print, don't cover the children when travelling without their
parents.