Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM
Roland Perry

In message , at 09:03:37 on
Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Simon Elliott remarked:
After all the controversy about whether or not to admit Turkey to the
EU, how can any Brit not know this?

Spencer: "You know you see those people in Venice standing on the back
of gondolas, pushing it around?"

Jade: "They don't do that on the Thames though, do they?"

Spencer: "No. I don't work on the Thames. I work in Cambridge."

Jade: "Is there not the Thames there?"

Spencer: "No!"

Jade: "Is there a river called the Cambridge river?"

Spencer: "Yeah, it's called the Cam."

Jade: "Really? You swear? I only thought there was the Thames. I thought
that was the main one in London."

Spencer: "It is. I don't live in London."

Jade: "I'm confused. I thought Cambridge was in London. I knew
Birmingham weren't in London."

Spencer: "Would you like to go and tell the group what you just said?"

Jade: "No..."

Spencer: "Cambridge is a city."

Jade: "But we've got a city in London."

Spencer: "Yes. This city is called London. And there's different parts
of it. Cambridge is a city."

Jade: "Of where? Kent?"

Jade: "Well England's a country, London's a city, Bermondsey's just a
throw-off. Now where are you? What's your country, and what's your
things?"

Spencer: "What country am I from? England. The city is called Cambridge,
the county Cambridgeshire."

Jade: "So not Kent then?"

Spencer: "Nooooo.... The region is called East Anglia."

Jade: "East Angular? That's abroad. Is there not a place called East
Angular abroad?"

Spencer: "Jade, have you been taking the stupid pills again?"

Jade: "Every time people tell me they work in East Angular, I actually
think they're talking about near Tunisia and places like that. Am I
thick?"
--
Roland Perry