Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:05 AM
wolf

Peter wrote:
In article , Mike
McBain says...

ozexplorer writes:

Are there any special health risks in Australia I have to prepare myself
for? I will just travel a few weeks there. Any recommendation is greatly
appreciated.

Murray Valley encephalitis, Ross River Virus, Q fever.
Taipan, tiger snake, sea snake, king brown snake, red-bellied black snake.
Funnel-web spider, wolf spider, trapdoor spider, red-back spider.
Sal****er crocodile, great white pointer shark.
Various types of 'stinger jellyfish', irukandji.
Giant Queensland stinging tree.

There's more, but those are the main ones.

We lose about five people a year (out of twenty million) from all of the
above combined. Make sure you look both ways before stepping off the
kerb.

He's right. One of the closest brushes with death I've had was looking
the wrong way and stepping into the street in front of a speeding car
that missed me by inches.