Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:48 AM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Steven M. O'Neill

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

ATM wrote:
"Steven M. O'Neill" wrote in message
Steven M. O'Neill wrote:
The transit directions on Google Maps says there are at least 3
different buses to Manhattan.

I should have also said that the light rail is probably more fun.

Steven, where is this light rail?

According to Google, it's a 7 minute walk from the hotel in
question.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...w&ie=UTF8&z=17

or http://bit.ly/nnXIg

From where to where? Not directly into
Manhattan, I assume?

Right; you'd then take that to the PATH train, which would be an
easy transfer to the subway in Manhattan.

According to the njtransit.com itinerary planner, it would take
about 40 minutes (depending on the time of day). You'd take the
it to the Newport Light Rail stop, and then take the path to
33rd STreet. Total fare $3.65 ($1.95 if senior fare).

(Not sure why the planner didn't have you go to Hoboken -- might
just be the random time I chose, or maybe because it's slightly
more walking; you could just as easily go to Hoboken train
station.)

Here's a light rail map
http://www.mylightrail.com/index.php...ions&Itemid=90

The hotel is near the Lincoln Harbor stop.

(You could also take the light rail to Exchange Place, and then
the PATH to lower Manhattan -- there's a nice view and a
striking statue dedicated to the WWII massacre in Katyn, Poland)

--
Steven O'Neill
Brooklyn, NY