Old May 16th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

Default quiet hostel in Adelaide, South Australia?

in article , Helen Gerald at
wrote on 5/16/04 5:41 AM:

we have a week in Adelaide from 14th June and I'm looking for a
recommended hostel. We're not party animals; our preference is for
small, clean, quiet, hopefully not on a main road but still fairly
central as we won't have a car), with useable self-catering kitchen,
common areas and no loud onsite bar! We need a double or twin room.

We're there to see the sights of Adelaide and also to visit relatives
who live in Burnside. Any recommendations most welcome. Please respond
to the group as the e-mail address shown no longer works.

many thanks
Helen and Andy

I can highly recommend the one in Mosely Street, Glenelg - it does have a
bar but it's well sound-insulated and the kitchen is quite good. It's a 2
minute walk from the charming tram which will take you straight into central
Adelaide proper. It has twins etc. as well. and regularly wins awards for
budget tourism. It's a charming older building two streets back from the
beach. Glenelg Beach Resort or something like that's the name.

In Adelaide itself, the central YHA is quite new, reasonably clean, very
central, professional, and quiet - although a little clinical.