Old February 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM
B Vaughan

Default Cheap air travel within europe

On 11 Feb 2004 03:29:52 -0800, (Joe) wrote:

I am from the United States, and my wife, child and myself, plan to
travel to Europe in June. I have most of my trip planned, except for
the travel from Rome to Frankfurt. I have looked at the ryanair's very
appealing price structure. However, I have also read that ryanair is
not very dependable, which could be very troublesome for us. I seek
advice, should I perhaps travel by train, consuming considerable
amount of vacation time or should I consider the scenery I would miss.
Certainly, I would like to balance cost, time spent traveling while
enjoying the scenery and local culture. Could someone please give me
pros and cons. Thank you.

I have travelled a number of times with Ryanair and have had
absolutely no problems with them. The worst I might expect is that
sometimes their flights might leave a little late. Since you will be
on vacation, there are no appointments you have to keep, and I
wouldn't consider this to be a grave risk.

Don't expect to be able to change anything about your ticket once
you've bought it. You won't be allowed to switch to a different flight
or modify the name of one of the passengers. Ryanair doesn't guarantee
connections, but you don't seem to have any on your proposed trip.

There is some very nice scenery outside the train window as you pass
through the Alps, but it is a very long trip and a good deal of the
scenery is the sort that you usually see through train windows:
boxcars, sidings, and factories.
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it