Old February 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Freda

Default Cheap air travel within europe

Remember that the trains in Europe do travel at a fairly fast speed
Local trains up to 100kms/hr
Intercity trains up to 160Kms/hr and the high speed ones go 300Kms/hr
You can spenmd an awful amount of time getting to and from airoports
which can be weighed against the slower travel portion
Also you see a lot of the countrside whilst in the trains.
Rome to Paris is High speed
Paris to Frankfurt you can go via the "Thalys" red highspeed train
through Belgium or use the ICE through Strasbourg or ICE through
Mannheim Paris to Frankfurt using the ordinary train takes about
8 hrs from memory.

Freda

--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
I am from the United States, and my wife, child and myself, plan to
travel to Europe in June. I have most of my trip planned, except for
the travel from Rome to Frankfurt. I have looked at the ryanair's very
appealing price structure. However, I have also read that ryanair is
not very dependable, which could be very troublesome for us. I seek
advice, should I perhaps travel by train, consuming considerable
amount of vacation time or should I consider the scenery I would miss.
Certainly, I would like to balance cost, time spent traveling while
enjoying the scenery and local culture. Could someone please give me
pros and cons. Thank you.

Joe