Old July 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Dr zara

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

"James Davis" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 7, 9:34 pm, George Graves wrote:
What we need in this
country is a recall procedure where the people can vote "no confidence"
to a
sitting administration like they do in Great Britain.

Right now about 30% of Americans are very happy with President Bush,
who was elected by a 51% majority. While I personally believe he's a
moron, there is no rule that says it's undemocratic for a president to
only please 30% of the population. There could be some time in the
future where angering 70% of the population is the right thing to do.
If you had to please the majority of people, then we wouldn't even
elect presidents. We would just vote on issues and the majority vote
would decide what to do.

It would be unfair to the 30% of Americans who like Bush to impeach
him unless he has done something illegal. He won the vote, so he is
the president. Besides, he doesn't have any power to do anything that
70% of Congress disagrees with. If his actions are so bad, they can
be democratically overridden by others.

You can't just do away with the rules of democracy because they are
giving you the results you want.

Bush is hoping that History will "exonerate" him. Unfortunately, he's going
to have to live out the rest of his life with the knowledge that he was the
Worst, ****ing Asshole President, this country ever had.