Old June 7th, 2004, 11:28 PM
devil

Default Mastercard ATM problems: Warning!

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:43:15 +0000, Miguel Cruz wrote:

wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
wrote:
Turkey is an Asian country.

Like Russia?

Have you been to Turkey?

Have you been in Canada ?

As I described elsewhere, Canada is not like Europe. Canada is in country
code 1 and therefore there are special rules.

If I recall right, in your opinion Canada is non-American. And now it
seems that Turkey is European.

Canada is a country in North America, but it is not America, which is a
different country in North America.

Getting into the semantics of this statement (not that I really cares, but
someone got to do the devil's advocate here).

Strictly speaking, that different country is not called America,
but *the United States of* America. Which by its very name seems to imply
America is a superset. Presumably the American continent.

But then in short order, the full name colloquially gets shortened etc.
And then USA folks end up reinvindicating a registered brand etc.