Old January 21st, 2012, 03:07 AM
maryrobinson maryrobinson is offline
Member

Location: Carlisle, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGW View Post
Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a
paraplegic (male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot
walk, I can transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the
area has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who
have been the how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps
steep? Are there viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both
specific to access and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Iguazu Falls is really one of the famous tourist attractions in Brazil.. some visit brazil just to see this..
I think the path to the falls is not that bad.. Wheelchair can go their just be sure to have someone to guide you..