Old January 11th, 2004, 09:26 PM
devil

Default 60 Minutes

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:16:48 -0600, Jenn wrote:

I love the number of nimrods who think that attacking another country
pre-emptively is just business as usual. Why if this is our 'right'
isn't it the right of any other country e.g. China vis a vis Taiwan --
India vis a vis Pakistan or vice versa etc etc and why isn't the right
of any of the countries whose governments we have intruded on against us?

aggressive war -- rather than defensive war -- has not been our
tradition in the past century and this emphasis on preventing war rather
than pre-emptive war kept us alive through the cold war. It is a
dangerous foolish game that these cowardly chickenhawks are playing with
our country. And it sets dangerous precedents as well as entirely
destroying our moral authority to try to prevent war elsewhere.

Excellent point, well put.

Mentioning China in this context is truly frightening. Especially if one
has sympathy for Taiwan as it is now, i.e. independent.