Old January 6th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Dennis McCrohan

Bob Myers wrote:

"Dennis McCrohan" wrote in message
Hi-

I'm looking for some net.wisdom on traveling to China with my wife and
two kids (8 and 11).

Are you thinking more specifically than just "China"? Asking
about "traveling to China" is, of course, somewhat like asking
about "traveling to North America" - the question covers too
much territory to be really addressed well in short order. Some
parts of China, and especially Shanghai and Hong Kong, I could
definitely see as a family destination. (I haven't personally been to
Beijing yet, so I can't say much about that.) Other parts, though,
I can't imagine that the kids would find interesting. Also, are
you planning on any other stops in the region before or after
China?

We would be just going to China. The "usual" destinations of most of the
pre-packaged tours are Bejing, Xian, Shanghai.

But I think we are still pretty open at this time. As I hinted, I'm less
concerned about seeing particular sites than an overall experience that would
be good for our kids.

-dm