Old January 6th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:14:40 -0800, the renowned Dennis McCrohan
wrote:

We would be just going to China. The "usual" destinations of most of the
pre-packaged tours are Bejing, Xian, Shanghai.

But I think we are still pretty open at this time. As I hinted, I'm less
concerned about seeing particular sites than an overall experience that would
be good for our kids.

-dm

I suggest an overnight train trip or two, preferably both in hard
sleeper and soft sleeper class. And some tours aimed at the locals
(for example, in Guilin).

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany