Old July 7th, 2011, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Recommendations for car rental from Athens Airport

On 2011-07-06 03:07:10 -0500, tim.... said:

and
someone else is driving. The route to the Peloponnese by road involves a far
greater distance through ghastly urban sprawl.

OTOH 90% of the new motorway goes nowhere near any urban sprawl

tim

When I circuited Athens back in 2009 I was disappointed I couldn't even
see the Acropolis from a distance.

The 'urban sprawl' happens at Sparta itself, but it's not a large
distance to cross.
--
Dan Stephenson
http://web.mac.com/stepheda