Old February 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

Default Malaria and Mosquito Repellent

In message
Alan S wrote:

I would appreciate suggestions on the most effective rub-on
or spray-on mosquito repellents for daily personal use.
Preferably one that doesn't also repel those who sit next to
me in buses and which doesn't make me appear to be covered
in baby oil and which is likely to be available in those
countries if replenishment is needed.

I've found Mosquito Milk (a roll on, you only need two stripes on each
exposed area, and it smells pretty nice) to be very effective. I'm
very popular with biting insects (because my blood is 95% chocolate?)

Whatever you get, don't get over 80% DEET, as it sweats off. MM is
well under 50%.

Slainte

Liz

--