Old August 17th, 2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Hatunen

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:19:58 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

The Reid wrote:

Following up to Hatunen

As I pointed out elsewhere, there were no passports until after
WW1.

Maybe not in the current sense, I'm sure ive seen a passport
signed by Elizabeth 1st. More a safe passage, I imagine.

Isn't this a passport?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...20passport.jpg

I reckon it would depend on whether Malta required such a paper
for entry or if this is a simple request from from the consul
asking the Maltese to show Mr Randall all the courtesy of the
port.

It looks more to me like a subdued threat to the Maltese that
Randall is a US citizen so don't try any funny stuff. It was only
a couple of decades after the US went after the barbary Pirates.

Interesting that it's a printed form.