Old February 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
max11

Default Eastern Usa- Canada

On 7 Feb, 04:11, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article
,

max11 wrote:
Hi at all!
I'm planning a travel of 4-5 weeks (from May 4th to June 6th or
13th) . I'll travel alone, stay in hostels and travel by bus or plane.
It's expensive to rent a car because I am laone (eventually I could
join in car with other people.

Ny (7 days),
Boston (3)
Montreal (3)
Quebec City (2)
Toronto (3)
Niagara (1)
then flight to Chicago (4)
flight to (Philadelphia 2)
Washington (4)

After decided other most important things, I could decide to go to New
Orleans (for example CH-NO $94 and NO-WA $96) from Chigago.

Quebec: Is better to go from Montreal and then go to Toronto, or go
directly from Boston?

What do jou thik about?

I would say you are planning a marathon, not a vacation, but that's just
me. I hate rushing around and I much prefer to take time to see
different areas at a leisurely pace.

I suggest you pick four cities to visit, spend five days in each one,
and allocate a full day to travel between them (including getting
to/from wherever you plan to sleep at night) and leave the others for a
different trip.

One thing to keep in mind is that the United States and Canada are large
countries and you appear to be forgetting about travel time between
destinations on your proposed itinerary. For example, you'll spend all
day getting from Boston to Montreal if you go by bus, so add a day right
there.

On a trip like that, I suggest six days in NYC. A half day traveling to
Boston, then four days in Boston, a day traveling by bus to Toronto.
Spend a few days there and two days in Niagara Falls (Canadian side).
Then fly to Chicago and spend four or five days there, then conclude
your trip in EITHER Washington or Philadelphia.

In short, I think you would have a much leisurely trip and see more if
you drop one of the cities from your itinerary, but whatever you do, be
sure to factor in travel time between the destinations you want to visit.

I booked and I have 40 days in all so I think I can go easily to
Montreal and QUebec or Ottawa, isn't it?.
Now the hard is to plan accommodation, flights and movements by bus/
train.
First of all, I'll book accommodation in NY, then a flight from
Toronto or Buffalo to Chicago and from here to Washington.
The problem id to decided the dates because I don't want to be binded
with them. I don't know the best way, maybe is better to consider one
or two days more in Toronto to be sure with flight.
Moreover I like to travel by bus/train during the night so I can save
a day, my question is if I can organize my movements there (i read
about chinese bus line for example) with special bus/train fares, such
as ticket with a certain # of advance booking days, or pass.