Old February 6th, 2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default Why expand Heath Row and not Gatwick?

"Dan Stephenson" kirjoitti
viestissä:2009020609411116807-stephedanospam@maccom...
I listen to the BBC World Service quite a bit and I know of the desire to
build another runway.

American Airlines recently switched, or is switching, all their flights
from Gatwick to airport at Heath Row.

Would any Britons in the group tell me why there should be a concentration
there, as opposed to expanding Gatwick or one of the others? If the
trouble is making connecting flights they should look at improving the 90
minute bus ride between the airports.

I am not a Brit but *American Airlines* made a decision to relocate
operations in London. What this has to do with *concentration* of anything
by the British authority?