Old January 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Laptop computers

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Translation.... if they had a product that they expected to be VERY HOT....
they'd be pricing it much higher. Apple always prices high. Sounds like
maybe they're trying to come up with a pricing plan to save what they
anticipate will be a bit of a loser product. They probably put a lot of
money into this product, and need to recoup some of it, even if it's not the
hot item of the year.

Probably because is a new product category. And because they intend to
recoup some on selling content, applications, e-books, etc. With 30
billion in the bank and no debt I don't think they need to recoup any
money they put into the product. And much of the tech was already
developed for the iPhone and iTouch. I think because of the 30 billion
they can put this out and give it time. If it bombs the company is in
little danger, like say Royal Caribbean, which has loads of debt would
be if they could not sell cabins on Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

--
Charles