Old March 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

Default Direct booking with Princess

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:40:21 -0500, "TEP"
wrote:

you will soon be elite and get free laundry to go with the "free"
internet

While you do get free laundry and free bar setup by being an Elite, the
free
unlimited Internet was replaced with a credit system a couple of years
ago.
The Internet credit is $75 per person for a 7-day cruise. Assuming 2
people
in a stateroom, this allows for a comfortable amount of "free" Internet
use
during the cruise.

hence my use of italics around the word free. I use a laptop and find
that I can more than keep up with things by going on and off line with
my allotment. As a matter of fact I hardly ever need to dip into my
wife's minutes.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

I'm curious. I'm at some level or other on several lines, but if I have
taken advantage of whatever perks, it was mostly accidental and in no case
an incentive to pick one line over another. Do many of you really look at
these perks as determining criteria for selecting a cruise? The companies
are trying to marry you to them, is it working? Do you consider it the same
as frequent flyer miles or as cash back credit cards? Are the cruise lines
wasting their money for things you would otherwise purchase or do you only
use them because they're free? As I said, I'm curious.