Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:42 PM
Iceman

Default Airlines flying to India?

Ajanta wrote in message ...
Calling around Indian travel agents for a Chicago-Delhi flight I
notice that everyone is offering Kuwait Airways or Air India. I mean,
ou almost have to rudely pressurize them even to get a quote on a
European carrier, let alone another Asian one.

(For example by calling a Turkish agent I found a competitive quote on
Turkish, but Indian agents had not suggested it as a possibility.)

This seems different from my memories of a few years ago. People
routinely quoted at least the European majors and occasionally
Singapore.

Has anyone researched this? Are there unheralded good deals available
on the likes of Alitalia, SAS, Swiss, Thai, Malaysian, Garuda, Lanka,
etc? Do I have to seek out and call each one's consolidators
separately?

If you can get to Bangkok cheaply and don't mind a stopover, you
should be able to pick up a cheap RT to Delhi from there.