Old March 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dragec

Default Trip to Croatia

Try to find browsing www.croatia-tourist.net. There is a map of Croatia and
images of accommodation (and places), detailed description and prices of
accommodation in each town.
Personally, I reccommend island Hvar - crystal clear water, beautiful old
city (city Hvar on island Hvar) living 0-24 with rich night life and the
most beautiful beaches (even they doesn't bother you ). Island Hvar is the
place with the most sunny days in a year in Croatia.
But if you prefer not to travel with ferry, very nice places to stay are
Makarska (middle Dalmatia), and places around city of Split.

Hope it helps.

"Mike Lane" wrote in message
dia.com...
I'm planning a trip to Croatia by car in June. There'll be quite a lot
of driving involved so I'm looking for a nice quiet place to stay put for
few days on the Dalmation coast.

I'm not interested in beaches particularly, nor anywhere with large
hotels.
Ideally a small town or village with a harbour and enough tourism to
support
a few places to stay and eat, but no more.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Last year we went to the Pelion
peninsular
in Greece looking for somewhere similar, and found a place called
Damouchari
which was ideal.

--
Mike Lane