Old October 28th, 2004, 04:47 AM
anon

Keith Willshaw wrote:

"anon" wrote in message
m...

nobody wrote:

anon wrote:

25 billion divided by over 50 million cardholders? That's $500 per AMEX
card holder.

No. Credit cards typically give one point per dollar spent

500 points per cardholder = $500 spent per cardholder. Did I miss
something in the math?

Yes - you get points worth one cent per dollar spent. To receive $500
worth of points you need to put $50,000 through the account.

Keith

Yes, but they didn't pay 25 BILLION DOLLARS. I am talking about 25
billion points based on the previous post estimating a price of 2 cents
per point for the 500 million dollars AMEX paid. So, if AMEX bought 25
billion miles and has 50 million cardholders, that would be 500 miles
per cardholder