Old December 15th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Steve Van Egmond

Default island hopping off St. Maarten - where to?

I have a weeklong boat charter originating in St. Maarten at the end of
february. We'll be around the island, and some of the nearby spots -
Antigua, Soba, this and that. I'm Canadian, as is everyone else on the trip.

After that time, we would like to hop our way somewhere on some local
airline to someplace culturally interesting. The first week of the trip
will be spent lying around on the boat, or on a beach near where the boat is
anchored, as well as doing whatever the hell skipper feels like making us
do.

So we want someplace different to hop to. The first thought we had was Cuba,
but it's all the way on the far western end. Is it practical? Will anyone
even be able to take us there? Will we be screwed on fares? The most we'd
be willing to make is one connecting flight. We will have to return to St.
Maarten for the return flight to Toronto.

We are open to other fun spots. Spanish influence and culture is key. Does
anyone have a suggestion?

Stephen van Egmond
x1052 - -