Old November 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

Default Best Cabins on Ships...

On 11/13/2012 5:44 PM, RayC wrote:
Bo1953 wrote:
................. btw looks like spammers have taken

over... is this group no longer moderated?

SamuelS

Never was moderated. It is just that a lot of folks shifted to social
media and abandoned here. While that does get rid of spammers, it also
seems to shut off the spirited discussions that once were the driving
force here.

Shame too ... I used to like the information I got here and I really get
nothing FROM THE OTHER PLACE but a bunch of schmoozing.

I can sure agree with that, Ray. This group used to be full of
information with lots of helpful people. It seems to me that the first
wave of trouble was when most service providers stopped offering
newsgroups. Some members either didn't know how, or didn't want to
bother to find another way here. It didn't seem to stop the spammers and
trolls though and many more "members" moved to moderated social networks
to avoid all the useless posts. It just isn't the same.

steve