Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
nospam

Default Niagara Falls Canada or US side

We will be taking our initial visit to this area in late June. We are
US residents. I have made reservations on the Canadian side but am
having second thoughts about staying there as opposed to the US side.
Here are my concerns.

If our hotel is on the Canadian and we do a lot of shopping on the US
side is that going to cause a problem with Canadian Customs when we
return to our hotel with our goods?. Just regular tourist stuff
nothing real costly.

When we come back home will our purchases made on the US side be
considered as coming from Canada and be subject to some sort of
tariff?.

How much of a hassle timewise and otherwise is it to cross back and
forth because of customs?

Are things more expensive on the Canadian side?, it appears that taxes
are a good deal more in Canada. Is it actually going to cost more to
eat and stay in Canada?

I would appreciate any insight.

I am also looking for a good written guidebook to the area.

Thanks.

Charlie