Old January 11th, 2005, 11:24 PM

Jeremy Henderson wrote:
On 2004-11-20 22:50:37 +0100, Go Fig said:

In article , Jeremy Henderson

On 2004-11-20 22:17:58 +0100, Go Fig said:

I wonder what the results will be with my new Sony that I will be
getting shortly, it that has: RAW (no compression), whatever that

turns
out to be... I kinda think I'm still going to need to convert it

to a
jpeg for processing...

You will indeed. Plus, iPhoto won't handle RAW files, so you'll

need to
rethink your cataloguing strategy.

If the format has a market, iPhoto could incorporate the format.

Maybe, but it's quite complicated.

iPhoto as of today supports RAW and mpeg too.

Info can be found at the streaming Keynote, it is at 00:33:00

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

jay
Tue Jan 11, 2005

Consider that the JPGs that you get
out of a digital camera are the result of a bunch of processes
including physical and digital filters. The RAW files are just what

is
recorded by the sensor, before any subsequent processing takes place,

so what state it is in depends on the camera, and the format will be
dependent on the whims of the manufacturer. Since iPhoto is a sort of

mass-market product, the value of trying to keep track of individual
camera formats may not be worth it, and the results obtained by the
casual photographer using such formats may be disappointing.

J;
--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG