Old January 25th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Lennart Petersen

"MARY1313" skrev i meddelandet
I'm traveling to Europe. Flying into Paris, staying for 3 days, taking
the TGV
to Avignon, staying for 3 days, then wanting to travel by train to Siena
or
Florence (staying for 3 days) then flying out of Pisa.

I can't seem to get a route on the Eur-rail TGV from Avignon or Nice to
Siena.
Their website doesn't seem to want to make that connection. Can anyone
tell me
if it is possible to take the train like that? Please excuse my
ignorance.
Any information would be helpful.
In addition, can anyone recommend a place to stay in Siena or Florence
that
would accomodate a family of 4 for around 150 Euros a night? (Or less)
Thanks so much.
--Mary

You've used the Eurail timetable ?
It's possibly not the best one.
In my opinion is the German timetable
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
is the best one for planning train travel and train connections in Europe.
From Avignon to Siena you've to change trains several times and as others
have said, the railstation in Siena is on some distance from city core so
you'll need a taxi or go by bus the last distance.