Old January 26th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Calif Bill

Sienna is served by normal trains. Is about a 7euro taxi fare to the gate
of the city. Do not know how much to the interior. We took taxi from Avis
office, which is near one of the portals, to train station. The bus drops
you off across the street from a moving stairway / escalator that takes you
up to city level.
bill

"Mimi" wrote in message

"MARY1313" wrote in message
I'm traveling to Europe. Flying into Paris, staying for 3 days, taking
the TGV
to Avignon, staying for 3 days, then wanting to travel by train to Siena
or
Florence (staying for 3 days) then flying out of Pisa.

I can't seem to get a route on the Eur-rail TGV from Avignon or Nice to
Siena.
Their website doesn't seem to want to make that connection. Can anyone
tell me
if it is possible to take the train like that? Please excuse my
ignorance.
Any information would be helpful.

Siena's station is very small and off the main track. Also it's outside

the
town walls. You might consider taking the train to Florence and then a bus
to Siena. The bus station in Florence is near the train station and in

Siena
it's near the center of town.

On our first visit to Siena, we took a bus from the train station in

Chiusi
(having trained from Sorrento via Rome). This bus ride through the Tuscan
countryside was wonderful, like a magic carpet ride, causing us to
immediately plan a return for a more extended stay.

Check the German train site for all European train travel:
http://bahn.hafas.de/bin/query.exe/en

Marianne