Old May 25th, 2011, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dirk Weber

Default Eifel

Beer Tricks Potter schreef:

what was wrong with neddyland ?

Nothing, I enjoyed my stay there very much.

I had a nice job in Barneveld (Gelderland) with an international
software company (follow uo of Baan). We worked in the financial
department - until the company decided to move that department to
India. :-(

So I lost my job and went back to the Eifel. Very nice landscape here,
but no jobs.

For a tourist The Netherlands also are very attractive. Wonderful
landscape, if you don't miss hills (ok, they have some hills at the
garbage dumps), nice sea line (until you dislike to swim in 18 degrees
warm water), interesting native foods. And when you are in Amsterdam
you can get stoned for free - just by standing outside of a
coffieshop, the stuff must be terrific. ;-)

I will go to Leiden, maybe even this summer, that must be a very
scenic town. I once just passed it on my way to the coast (the sea
then had some 20 degrees), lokks very interesting.

btw, did you know that Arft even has a ski lift. During the last three
years we had quite some days when it was open. It is most of all just
known by the regional people, but very nice to go with. The forests
here are rather quiet, not these masses of tourists as at the Hohe
Acht (appr. just some 6 km from here!).

Groetjes uit Arft,

Dirk

--