Old May 28th, 2011, 10:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit

Default Eifel

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 May 2011 02:51:18 +0200, Wolfgang Schwanke
wrote:

Martin wrote in
m:

For a tourist The Netherlands also are very attractive. Wonderful
landscape, if you don't miss hills (ok, they have some hills at the
garbage dumps), nice sea line

but monotonous. No bays, no cliffs, no rock pools, sea opaque with
crap etc. just sand dunes

What about the islands?

The same but inland is nicer than on the main land.

cordoned off with barb wire.

In the German sand islands they build wooden catwalks through the dunes
so the tourists don't destroy the dunes, no barbed wire.

In parts of UK they manage without either.

(until you dislike to swim in 18 degrees
warm water), interesting native foods.

You are kidding?

I like rijstafel and frites.

Rijstafel is Indonesian. There are plenty of good foreign food
restaurants in NL. I forgot the frites met mayonnaise/sate/curry
sauce/... which are also good.

The sea is 12C at the moment.

It's 14C now.

The North Sea could be quite a beach paradise if it was some 2000 km
further south.

and had mountains and hula girls? :-)
--

Martin

The frites are quite good generally but the crap they douse them with they
can keep.
Why don't they just sell their decent chips with the equally decent fish
they have in other shops?
I guess you can tell I grew up in an English speaking country. :-)

Gerrit - Oz