Old May 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit

Default Eifel

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 May 2011 17:56:50 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

The frites are quite good generally but the crap they douse them with they
can keep.

Even the chip saus? :-)

Why don't they just sell their decent chips with the equally decent fish
they have in other shops?

Why is fresh fish so poor in NL. Every test the Dutch CA does finds
the majority of fish on sale is not fresh.

From watching a Dutch TV programme, I know that a retailer selling
fish in IJmuiden, where it was landed, buys it wholesale in Rungis in
Paris. Sometimes it is returned to NL in the same refrigerated trucks
that were used to export the fish to Rungis.

Not quite as bad as the Scottish herring that is transported to Thailand and
turned into kippers and then sent back to Scotland (and England for that
matter) to be sold as genuine Scottish kippers. :-)

But I was not referring to fresh fish but the fried variety as you probably
realised.

Gerrit - Oz