Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:14 AM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
slim

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On 2009-08-21 22:14:25 -0400, "Sancho Panza" said:

"ARL" wrote in message
We are mature couple from San Francisco.
We are taking our vacation in New York City on October 26 to Nov 1.
Please recommend 3 star hotel that is near the subway stations in
Queens or Brooklyn or NJ that is reasonably priced?

We are considering to stay at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel in
Weehawken, NJ on the Hudson.
But there is no MTA subway to that area, correct?
Everyday, we have to take the Waterway Ferry from the Lincoln Harbor
terminal to West 39th Street Midtown at $7.75 per person? How can we
get from this 39th Street Ferry Terminal to the MTA subway?

Thank you for your help.

The Sheraton is quite a nice establishment. It has inclusive packages
for the ferry, which runs up to 10:50 p.m. and includes free bus
shuttles to nearby terminal at Port Imperiale. On the Manhattan side,
more than a dozen free bus routes circulatefrequently through midtown
and downtown Manhattan. The ferry also runs to Pier 11 on the East
River, near what is left of the South Streeet Seaport. In addition to
the Sheraton's informative Web site, here is one of the more relevant
URL's:
http://www.nywaterway.com/Home/Ridet...ule.aspx?ID=99

And

senior rates on transportation usually start at 62 in New Jersey.

So if they are out past eleven PM, whats it going to cost to get home safely?

A cab would be fifty bucks.

--
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today." - Y. Berra